1. THE COMPANY
- Do I trust/like management?
- Do I see myself fitting in with other employees?
- Is the company stable?
- What is the future of the corporation?
2. THE POSITION
- Does it meet my immediate career goals?
- Does the salary and benefits meet my needs?
- Is this a newly created position?
- Why is the position open?
- Are there advancement opportunities?
3. THE CURRENT MARKET/ECONOMY
- How many other offers do I have pending?
- Is this company stable or growing?
- How does this company compare to its competitors?
4. YOUR CAREER
- Does this opportunity meet my current career goals?
- Does this opportunity set me up for my future career goals?
- What time commitment am I willing to make to this corporation?
- Will this work experience add to my skill level?
- Does this company offer enough for me to consider retirement?
Rick Christensen: Director, Career Transition Practice
Rick’s passion is coaching individuals through career transitions, developing career management strategies and in identifying and sharpening competencies to open doors to new opportunities. His efforts have assisted thousands of individuals achieve their full potential.