Wake up each morning to the planner you filled out the night before outlining 100% of the calls you will make that day. It’s not enough to expect your job search to turn around; you have to make it happen. Most individuals who are finding employment have constantly changed up the way they conduct their search.
Realities in Today’s Competitive Job Market: Over 80% of job seekers found their job by networking. That leaves only 20% of job seekers who found their job by all other resources including job boards and website postings (these have the highest competition and lowest return on time invested).
CONDUCT AN HONEST REVIEW OF YOUR JOB SEARCH BY DOING THE FOLLOWING:
- Determine what you really want? (Job title, location, industry, salary range, additional targets)
- Believe that your goal is achievable
- Write down your goal where you can read it as you conduct your search, this is a constant reminder
- Set daily goals for number of meetings and calls, then track your success against these goals
- Identify how to overcome obstacles you’ve encountered to date
- Determine if you need additional knowledge or skills
- Determine how to build your network daily
- Make a daily plan – know 100% of the calls you will make each day
- Visualize yourself accepting a job offer
- Spend a minimum of 35 hours a week on your job search if you’re unemployed, 10-15 hours if you are employed
VOW TO MAKE 2020 YOUR YEAR OF SUCCESS.
Rick Christensen: Director, Career Transition Practice Rick has been a career consultant for over 25 years, serving a very broad-based and diverse clientele. His specialties include effective group facilitation, one-on-one coaching and consultation at all levels including senior executives.
Rick’s passion is coaching individuals through career transitions, developing career management strategies and in identifying and sharpening competencies to open doors to new opportunities. His efforts have assisted thousands of individuals achieve their full potential.
Contact Rick at: Rick@CareerDevelopmentPartners.com